The national botanical garden of Wales at Llanarthne, has been built on the site of William Paxton's Middleton estate. In 1789 he created a fantastic water park, which at the time was a local wonder. In 1931 the house burned down and the park fell into disrepair. However in 1978 a scheme was set up to restore the park, and in July 2000 Prince Charles officially opened the restored park. The new park's centre piece being the Norman Foster designed glass house, with its vast single span glass roof.
For more information click here.